1.23.2012

"Choice"

Well, as most of you know, I decided to end my fast early. My stomach was so ill half the time, that I found myself mostly praying for my health and I was struggling with the concept of it being a fast to pray for greater, more important needs, other than my own health! It became too hard to get the daily things, like teaching my children accomplished. I did enjoy some of my time doing it, and it was a great learning experience.

During my time on the fast, I was reading the book, "Know Why You Believe", by Paul E. Little. It's truly a wonderful book, full of facts on how to prove God to be real and defends the Christian faith. While reading it, there was a part that struck me. It was basically talking about how in this day, we have such great archaeological proof that Jesus walked on this earth, and that the Bible was real and "breathed" by God. As I was reading the book, it was fascinating to find out all the discoveries that have been made over these last few decades! Yet, it seems as if Christianity continues to be viewed by so many as false and the joke of all jokes on television. It basically comes down to choice! As all the evidence lays before us, proving God and the Bible's true existence through the ages, man must choose to believe the evidence. We all seem to believe the many books written about our presidents, the history books of war, and yet, with all this proof, people don't want to "choose" to believe that God is real, the Bible is truly the word of God, and that Jesus really did walk on this earth, die, and appear 3 days later!

As the anniversary of legalizing abortion took place yesterday, I was brought back to this topic of "choice". In this day and age, there is no greater proof that at the beginning of conception there's a little baby in their mommy's tummy. We now have amazing technology where there's ultrasounds in 3D and 4D showing us every little detail from the earliest of stages. God has also given us the technology to save a child from the earliest stages of life like never before! I recently just read that they saved a child who was only 9oz when born! How amazing! Yet, with all this technology proving that there's a little baby in the womb from conception, we have aborted 50,000,000 babies, and it continues to climb! How do we ignore the fact that we can see their little tiny heads and heartbeats; how do we ignore the fact that books of the Bible have been found with more original copies than any other book, proving it's authenticity? We "choose" to ignore it! How sad and ignorant we are as a people that even with the evidence thrown in front of us, we still choose not to believe.

Proverbs 1:7 "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline."

No comments:

Post a Comment