5.10.2012

Being Where God Has Called You!

I'm a dreamer! If I had my way, I would be in far off countries, working with the orphans. I would take my husband and children across the country and share what God has done in our lives! I would start a bakery, and share my love of baking with all those around me! I could go on and on! I have a million things that "I" would like to do. There are times when I become frustrated and feel like I have never made any kind of difference in this world. I am a stay at home mom, who homeschools her kids! I am not a movie star, who can use the media to share my faith. I am not a rock star with a hit single that has "Jesus" written on my posters and CD's. I am not a missionary, who travels into the deep jungles, and leads those dying and lost to Christ. I am only...a wife...a mom...a dreamer!

I recently became discouraged as I sometimes struggle to find my place. Being a homeschooling mother, I have to be proactive to find a place in this world for my kids. I cannot rely on the public school to provide them with opportunities to be in band, sports, music, or art. I have to go and find those opportunities. Do I just go and plop my kids in the first thing that I find for them? No, I begin to pray and ask God where He wants them. I am a dreamer! I want my kids involved in everything! Does that mean that God wants them involved in everything? In our daily lives, we need to learn to pray and ask God for His direction! One thing I have learned is that it isn't worth being apart of something if God hasn't called me to do it! Each one of us has specific talents that God has given us. I know nothing about changing oil in a car, and yet our church has a ministry that helps the widows and single moms with that. I may have youth, but don't make me sit in a room filled with teens! I could spend all day with children, and yet, I have had moms complain that they could never work with kids all day!

We each have dreams, and we each have a specific calling that God has on our lives. I may be a dreamer, and I may never achieve the large dreams because God did not call me to fulfill those dreams. He can take and use those dreams in a different way. He may not call me to go across seas and help the orphans, but he has brought children in need across my path. I have held children that only needed someone to take the time to hug them. I may not get to have my own bakery, but I can bake and share with those around me. I can bring cookies to a neighbor and show them the love of Jesus.

You may be a dreamer, and you may be frustrated at where you are. Pray that God will show you why He has placed you where you are today! Be where God has called you, and let Him guide you into fulfilling His dream for you!

Philippians 2:13 "For it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure."

No comments:

Post a Comment