1.14.2011

Keep Going

I had been trying to follow what I felt God wanted me to do. I began by prayer and had several confirmations that I was on the right track. One day, someone began to just verbally attack what I was doing. Afterward, I began to doubt myself and wondered if I was truly doing what God had asked of me. So, I began to pray and ask God to reveal to me what He wanted from me, and if I was going in His direction. A couple of hours later, I was in a store and out of the blue a person I had not seen in awhile appears. They begin to tell me that I was doing a great job and to "keep going". Those two words stuck with me. I had asked God what I should do, and His reply was to "keep going".

When I was thinking of a verse for this blog, my mind kept going back to Mark 10:9 where it says, "Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.” Now, I know that in both Matthew and Mark, they are referring to marriage in this statement. But, to me, it also meant the joining of other things, like the joining between God and myself. God had placed a direction in me and we were walking together and no matter what "man" or others may say, I was to keep going together with Him.

In this world full of negativity, people are always trying to tear each other down or be in charge of one another. Sometimes life truly feels like an uphill battle. You may feel at times that you don't understand the path you are heading. If God has placed a goal or direction in your life, I encourage you to "keep going" and let Him lead you. Satan will always try to use others to discourage you from going forward with God's plan, but if you continue in prayer, God will reveal what He wants from you. Remember that if you trust in man it will lead to failure, but, if you trust in God, He will bless it if you only "keep going."

No comments:

Post a Comment