1.02.2011

Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus

This past week, I became very ill. It began with a small sore throat and led to excruciating pain, to where I could no longer swallow, and body aches took over my entire being. I slept for hours at a time and the world around me grew less and less important as I could no longer function. The small amount of time that I was awake, I would pray and ask God to heal me and finding at times that I could hardly bear the pain. I went to the Dr. where they gave me these gigantic pills that took 3 full days to work and as the pain slowly decreased my world came back into focus. I started to live again and forget the pain that had robbed me of my moments just days before.

There's a song called "Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus". In this song, it says, "Look full in His wonderful face, and the things of earth will go strangely dim, in the light of His glory and grace." This world is full of pain and suffering. More and more people are getting cancer, suffering from heart attacks and the number of new illnesses are endless. We live day to day wondering what could hit us next and how we would handle the pain that comes with it. But, as hard and painful as it is on this earth, there is a hope. Someday all this pain that consumes us here on earth will be forgotten. We won't remember the sadness of losing that special someone or the heartache that gripped us when someone close to us has become ill. The tears we cry will be gone and the the many things that once consumed our lives will be vanished in an instant. In Revelation 21:14 it says, "He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever."

As long as we are here in this imperfect world there will be pain. We will have to endure hardships. But, we need to "turn our eyes upon Jesus" and let the "things of earth grow strangely dim." As we focus on Him, this life becomes less important and we realize that we are here for just a short time. May we all learn to focus on having Christ in our heart that someday we can join Him and be free from death, sorrow, crying and pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment