6.19.2011

Stories of Miracles and Protection - 1

Today was Father's Day, and it was a special day of spending time with my father and whole family! My husband, kids and I started our day as we do each Sunday, by going to church. In the sermon, our Pastor was talking about how we should share our stories about what God has done for us and pass them down to our children. Today as we were sitting around the table, we began to share stories of all the miracles that God had done in our lives. All the stories were amazing, and at several times they brought tears to my strong, dad's eyes. Of course the stories also brought tears to the rest of us! In my next few blogs, I would like to share some of these stories with you. They are special to me, because I have heard them over and over, and yet every time they bring me amazement at how great our God really is!

The first story I would like to share is about a time when we first started attending the A/G church. My dad would every once in awhile have a very strange heart beat. He didn't know what was wrong, but all he knew was that he had a wife and two little ones that he wanted to live a long life for. One night at church, my dad began to pray for healing of his heart. As he focused in on God, he felt a burning pain so deep that he prayed, "God, I asked you to heal me, not to kill me!" As he stood there, the pain felt like burning hand or fist literally go through his chest. As soon as the pain left, he turned to look at a woman standing nearby and she pointed right at him and said, "something just happened to you!" And so it did, God had healed him! From that moment on, my dad never had anymore problems with his heart! Praise God for His healing touch, and so many wonderful years with my dad!

As the weeks continue, I will share more stories of God's amazing protection on me and my family! I pray that these stories encourage you and fill your hearts with faith and hope!

Isaiah 53:5
But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.

No comments:

Post a Comment